PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK to EASA
Thread: UK to EASA
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2021, 19:48
Horsepowerrr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I worked for a UK airline last year and as everything was very unclear waited with transferring my UK EASA Part-FCL ATPL(A) license to one of another EASA state. As I could possibly shoot myself in the foot and lose my job if I did transfer my license and then it turned out I wouldnt be able to fly G reg airplanes anymore. You simply didnt know. Was all hear say and vague statements. Even the CAA told me on the phone to wait and there would be a grace period when all became clear. Obviously not!

I am from another European EASA country and did all my flight training there and got my EASA Part-FCL license there. I changed my license to a UK EASA one as my British employer requested. No problem under EASA, right.

Now to KEEP my EASA license I have to do all the same EASA exams again that I already did in my home country, EASA state, before? How ridiculous is that? My license doesnt say anything else nor has been converted to a national license yet and says European EASA license on it. So does that then have any value anymore at all? And everyone who has such a license cant fly any airplanes at the moment as those licenses arent good for anything and basically expired. As when one would get ramp checked now they hold a non existing type of license.

Better hope there comes a solution for this soon.