PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar and Ballina again
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2021, 13:57
Oriana

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by extralite
I operate there and i don't..There are two RPT airfields within about 30km of each other (Ballina and Lismore) and another one just down the road at Coollangatta. How many airfields does NoStar need to ferry people down to footy matches or up for Instagram shots at Byron Bay? Surely just choose one, preferably Lismore as it is further from Cooly..Why should someone outside Jetstar or Virgin go to jail when its them that are just after the $$$ and so flying to destinations where apparently it is so unsafe.

I get that Jetstar/Virgin pilots want the Northern RIvers airspace effectively closed off to many local aviators (not me personally but others i know) and I am a realist to understand that it will happen, but give it a rest. "Matter of time until a hull loss" because there was a radio issue and came within 600 feet once. I get the impression some pilots haven't had a lot of exposure to overseas ops. Obviously anyone flying RPT will throw hands up in horror at the suggestion, but really? It is a 10 mile RNAV final into a regional airport for budget travelers, not Kai Tak so just maybe calm down.

I've seen some stupid posts on the forum in the last 20 years, but this has to be - hands down - the most stupid.