PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Second Officer Jobs
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2021, 08:12
Jnr380

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by petra.oskertrich1995
So firstly, shame on the men in here which have decided to spit on me for asking a question. I'm actually a female (parents from Croatia) and I am new to aviation but the hate messages I've received via my inbox would make you the troll (not me). Yes, I went to university here in Melbourne and yes I have around 200 hours now. I did the 150-hour integrated course which was part of a double major (Bachelor of Aviation & Business). A mentor suggested that doing the MCC & Jet Orientation course would help us stand out on the resume. I am also looking at doing a course on "airline interview tips". Any suggestions here? (without the haters please).

Thanks to some of you with insightful responses. Some of us at campus have looked at Darwin and Broome. There is also a "GA Ready" course we are looking at doing through Flight Standards. Has anyone had any experience with this course? Apparently the course will help getting a job in the northern area of the country.

Don’t trust anything coming from the mouths of anyone at Swinburne, they’re really good at parting people with their money and not giving much in return.

Personally you’re probably better off getting a mentor that is already an airline pilot to mentor you, not some Swinburne hack. Please don’t take this as an attack on you, but I do have experience with Oxford/CAE/GFS organisation and pilots and they’re only in it for themselves

Next thing you know they’ll tell you “oh you should do a King-Air endorsement with us, that will help you consolidate your Jet Prep course!”

Don’t waste your money on these useless courses, You got a CPL / IR with a frozen ATPL? Then you’re GA charter ready! Got an Instructor rating? Then you’re GA instructor ready!

Airlines usually don’t care about if you did this course or that course, they will train you to what they want you to be. Just need to be mentally ready to absorb the amount of info they throw at you and no Jet orientation course will ever prepare you for it.

If you want a testament, I went from GA to Airlines in a space of 3.5 years without doing any useless “prep” courses. I just had a really good mentor who helped me for interview prep.

There is actually a few well respected Airline Pilots floating around Moorabbin that will mentor and will assist you in your path within Aviation