PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Class E changes
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2021, 04:24
Advance

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by McLimit
I avoided reading anything Australian Aviation whilst I was clearing my lungs out from same. Whilst the process would have happened a whole lot quicker I chose to spread the pain out a little bit

I've flown in the States a bit, including into OSH on the Sunday prior to the show a few times, I've also flown a few aircraft in and out of Avalon during the show, including the exodus on the last day. Whenever I read ASA jingoism I wanna spew. Not the controllers, they're working a system they're given, the management and spin garbage that comes out of the place. If you want to **** an ATS system up, leave it to Australia.
Re your last very true remark:
Wouldn't it be a huge step forward if the Minister directed both CASA and Airservices that Australia's default position would be to follow the USA on all regulation, practices and procedures provided only that the USA was in accordance with ICAO.
So for example the carriage of radio and transponders in Class E airspace requirement would be as per the USA
BUT the US non ICAO 978 MHz transponder would not be OK - their 1020 MHz transponder just fine.

THAT really would make all our lives a lot simpler and save a huge amount of "reinventing the wheel" in both organisations - especially as their new wheels are invariably triangular at best.