PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Landing Flaps request
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2021, 15:10
vilas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BBSince you asked, on Airbus I have trained 15 Asian carriers from India to Japan and that included a dozen nationalities from Canada, both Americas, across Europe to Japan. Also I was line trainer on B747 classic and A300. That is not important. First thing Airbus is not Boeing. I feel you are mixing up the two types and also techniques with SOP. An instructor can suggest techniques that can differ but SOP is same. Instructors ideas are not SOPs. SOPs and call outs are in the manual in black and white. It's a strange statement that SOP interfere with situational awareness. We cannot work differently inside the cockpit. For heaven's sake think of the other guy in the right hand seat he will go crazy. The environment and examples you are stating are not SOPs but individual quirks. If you are suggesting enlightened anarchy there's no such thing in the air. In the air we are in a habitat that's not ours. There are no instincts. Developing your own way is asking for trouble. Especially in Airbus you cannot develop procedures. We don't and can't know the software logics to do something better than the manufacturer. I am sorry but I totally disagree with you.