PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brexit
Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2021, 10:29
xam135

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UK CAA 14 ATPL Exams Validity EASA

Anyone know what the validity of theoretical ATPL (A) exams completed with the UK CAA before the 31st December 2020 and validated by an EASA member state are?

I completed them in late 2019 and had them verified by the Irish IAA. I have a valid IAA PPL but I am being told by my ATO to check if those exams are still valid to use for CPL and IR training.

This is the most relevant information I have found on the EASA website, although I’m still confused as to what is accepted:

“The certificate of completion of the ATPL theoretical knowledge examination issued by the UK civil aviation authority before the end of the transition period is valid and recognised in the EU only until December 31, 2020In order to continue relying on that ATPL theoretical knowledge examination issued by the UK for the purpose of obtaining a Part-FCL license the student should transfer his/her training before January 1, 2021 to a training organisation under oversight of an EASA Member State or EASA. In such case the student should also apply to the competent licensing authority of an EASA Member State for a formal assessment of the further hours of training required. The new EU competent authority will be the one to whom the student will apply for the licence issue.”

Thanks in advance for any help, suggestions etc.!