PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATP Non-Type vs Type-Rated License: Concerns About Checkride
Old 14th Feb 2021, 13:20
IllinoisDavidson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks to everyone for your responses. We have definitely looked into Pan Am--and also SkyEagle Aviation Academy, where my husband completed his ATP written and received his ATP certificate. Based on our conversations with Pan Am and SkyEagle, it looks like one can receive expedited type-rating training and ATP license for pilots who are already type-rated for that aircraft (on like an ICAO or EASA license). This turns into 4 days in total of commitment for type-rated ATP license--a few days of sim plus checkride. Maybe we have communicated my husband's situation incorrectly to these training centers, but this is what they have explained to us. Climb150 and lee_apromise you are correct, the 'light twin' option is significantly cheaper at these training centers, by almost half price, but my husband's concern is his actual knowledge of these aircrafts--which, currently, he has known. To complete his ATP license on a Seneca or Seminole, should he have the same amount of knowledge on this aircraft as he does for the Airbus fleet that he is currently type-rated for--i.e. limitations, memory items, in-depth discussion of systems, etc, as LandingCheck described for the type-rated oral exam? This, again, is his biggest concern. Does he need that amount of in-depth knowledge of the 'light twin' in order to pass the oral exam during checkride? Thanks again for all of your insight in this matter.