PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FI Course CAVOK Hungary
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2021, 16:08
Bushdodge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Whopity
Then surely as an Instructor, it is your responsibility to ensure that they meet all of the requirements for solo flight. You check the training records to see what they have done so far and how well they have performed. Ask the candidate what they have done and then brief them on all of the requirements for solo flight including holding a valid medical certificate. In this case it would seem they have another 6 hours to do before even thinking about it.
All of which I did, and then informed the HoT that they had at least one instructor who took it upon himself to decide he could satisfactorily complete all exercises before Ex.12 in two hours of flight time. The term negligence comes to mind...

Though surely the bigger issue is that this instructor went through an FIC, AoC, ATO standardisation training, and had performed a couple hundred hours of ab-initio instructing believing this was an acceptable way to teach someone to fly.

All I'm really getting at is that these sorts of things happen all over the world, in every country. I'm sure you've seen plenty of it in the UK in your time Whopity!