PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737-500 missing in Indonesia
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2021, 15:49
sceh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One thing's sure and that is that with the kind of leadership as illustrated in the report, nothing is going to get better. Any of their pilots that accept this kind of tosh will, I hope, never fly me.

The Chief Pilot of Sriwijaya Air issued the following notice to pilots on 20 January 2021: This notice reach you as a call toward the safe flight. With recent tragedy, we urge all pilots to raise awareness and keep the highest professionalism and discipline on your duty. This can be fulfilled with many guidance that we had: • Follow Operating Experience guidance. 27 • Review Training Aid. • Awareness of aircraft position, attitude, aircraft systems by active monitoring the state of aircraft on every phase of flight. • Awareness of aircraft configuration, thrust lever position/power setting and flight control system modes, anytime airplane deviate from its intended state must be corrected immediately. • Cockpit crew is responsible for entering clear and accurate write-ups of any discrepancies, including any incident or anomaly observation in AML, use of FRM (737NG) and/or describe discrepancy information comprehensively.

I suppose it is nice of him to remind them that professionalism and discipline on duty but it is hardly a strict set of orders