PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Class E changes
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2021, 23:53
Gentle_flyer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Folks.

We could be better than this! (Again)

I get sick for few days and when I return I find unjustifiable arrogance, ignorance. abuse, unsupported and / or unexplained claims of knowledge etc

The PPRUNE MNG accident thread verged on a lot of the same but when I printed out the whole thread (245 pages) and ignored the above as well as the irrelevant but noted all the relevant comments there was a lot of value there...

I am doing the same for this thread.

What really concerns me here is that no one has the complete picture! And yet Airservices is proceeding to implement two major counterintuitive changes, ie SAFIS and CLASS E 1500 East Coast “J Curve”. One from April / May 2021 and the other by DEC 2021.

Based on preceding ATSB reports I don’t believe the MNG ATSB Final report will be comprehensive to the point where the contents fully explain what went wrong.

It may take the Coroner’s Inquiry do do that. Yet apparently changes are being implemented on the assumed causes of accident.

To ASSUME is dangerous because it usually makes an ASS out of U and ME.

Despite the conspiracy theories abounding in the world at the moment, it is enlightening to see incompetence noted as often the true reason things happen.

Incomptence perhaps coupled with some self interest coupled with amateur Machiavellian constructs of a strawman etc and of course the dreaded Dunning Kruger effect.

Google it while you can and reflect that maybe we are all suffering a little bit from it as we accuse AsA, CASA and ATSB of major sufferance.

Be nice to each other in your passionate disagreement and maybe the sum of all knowledge from everyone’s contribution will far exceed what any one of us can offer and perhaps provide a solution as well as dispatching the strawman to the bonfire.

We CAN be better than this!