PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline Call Signs
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2021, 18:07
Steve Rooke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cj241101
Thanks to all those who have replied with flight number/registration info. Also, now it's been mentioned, G-ASZC did call himself "Raffles Zulu Charlie", not sure when he switched to "Raffles One". Mr Raffles had an address in Manchester - did he fly south to get to work in London or was it definitely the other way as has been suggested?

Well off the beaten track now but another rather long shot request. Back in June 1968 the Ethiopian AF dropped into Luton with a C-54 serialled "727". I don't suppose anyone can help with their callsign? Picture (not one of mine) on the Luton History and Nostalgia thread.
Sorry I'm a bit late on board. Mr. Raffles lived in a fabulous house on Ham Common near Richmond in Surrey and drove up to LHR every morning in his Bentley. He took me with him once in 1965 when I was twelve. He told me he had crashed his previous two aircraft; a Cessna and a Mooney and, of course, he went on to crash Zulu Charlie and walk away. Anyone know anything about those events? "Raffles One" was definitely in use before the arrival of his last aircraft and he used that call sign to bring it into LHR from Sweden.