PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Revised JAA Minimum Requirements
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2003, 02:57
haggis102

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Revised JAA Minimum Requirements

Please forgive me if I'm listing a question that has been asked a million times but I can't seem to find a straight answer anywhere.

I'm looking into self sponsorship to gain a JAA CPL. A friend of mine is an instructor and has offered me a once in a lifetime opportunity. Unfortunately I'm not a millionaire so my goal is to obtain a frozen CPL with the absolute minimum hours and requirements. I know that the JAA requirements have changed recently and I'm not sure exactly what I need to do to meet the minimum requirements. I believe that the CPL and the ATPL have now been merged and it's only the matter of experience that now separates them.

The way I'm planning on going is to do 150 hours with my friend which would include my PPL, Night & IMC Rating. Then to go out to the USA and carry out a Multi Engine Rating, Ground School and finally an Instrument Rating.

I would appreciate any help that anybody could offer me about what I am trying to achieve, in particular any information regarding the minimum JAA Requirements.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Haggis.