PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737-500 missing in Indonesia
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2021, 15:49
EddyCurr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Translation of a report about remarks made by Chairman of the KNKT Soerjanto Tjahjono on 2021.02.03
Suara
By Reza Gunadha & Achmad Fauzi
2021.02.03 16:39

Chairman of KNKT Soerjanto Tjahjono explained that after takeoff, pilot Captain Afwan had asked the air traffic guide to change direction to avoid bad weather

"In front of Sriwijaya Air, there is an AirAsia plane to pontianak. Behind him is one plane. These two aircraft have no problem," said Soerjanto during a hearing meeting with Commission V of the House of Representatives, Wednesday (3/2/2021).

Then, continued Soerjanto, before flying, sriwijaya air pilot SJ182 has also programmed the altitude path.

The pilot, he said, then received a traffic guide's instruction to fly at an altitude of 11,000 feet.

"But when flying, then turn left slowly until it swoops and hits the surface of the sea," he explained.

In this case, Soerjanto will again examine, the power management control system of the aircraft engine or autothrottel in order to find out more about the crash.

"At this time we have not provided any conclusions or results of the analysis, but we will wait for the results of cvr and some components that we send to the U.S. and UK. Because of that component why and which of the 13 broken parameters make changes in the auto system," he said.
I have seen other translated reports of the Chairman's statement that repeat the quote about the CVR. I was unaware that the CVR memory module had been found and I wonder whether there is an error in quotation or misstatement by the Chairman (CVR vs FDR).

Last edited by EddyCurr; 5th Feb 2021 at 16:02.