PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Class E changes
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2021, 10:01
cogwheel

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Dick Smith
Lead. I believe the proposal is being driven by AsA because of the Mangalore fatalities.

It really needs to be instigated and driven by the Airspace Office at CASA.

Such major changes require an individual who has the leadership abilities and self confidence to “sell “ the need for change and the way it should take place

I believe an increase in E will only work and be safe if it closely follows the FAA proven system. This proposal does not. As an example , for E to work at low level we will need to change to FAA pilot and ATC procedures.

An FAA expert needs to be employed to advise on this.

There is no possibility,in my view, that such a major change could be introduced by December. Too risky!
Dick st right, what ASA is proposing WILL NOT WORK, for quite a number of reason apart from managing a change process that will take some time (a year or two at least). ASA have obviously working on this project for some time, however sadly what they have come up with at this point is already a total failure.

it is not fair on industry to have an unrealistic deadline for consultation forced upon them and then have the door shut on further discussions.

This proposal must be approved by the OAR. It will be interesting to see what consultation takes place then and if there is any perceived outside pressure applied.