PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Class E changes
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2021, 09:43
jmmoric

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Capn Bloggs
And therein lies the rub. Never, in almost 30 years, has Dick or anybody else revealed the true cost of providing ATC separation down to low level all over Australia (wait for it).

I predict this will be a copout, as Traffic alludes-to; in the Mangalore case, we'll just get "clearance not available, standby" until the other aircraft has landed because of what will be procedural separation. We will not get an "approach" service as I predict they get in the USA. Hence the CAGRO (or "insert a name") proposal at MNG.
If the missed approach segment goes into controlled airspace, then yes, ATC has to protect the missed approach segment as well since we clear aircraft for the entire approach procedure, so then we cannot provice clearance to aircraft waiting to depart either until the landing aircraft has landed, or is back and on radar again during the missed approach segment. For the most part ATC cannot use the arrival vs. departure separations when the field isself is located in uncontrolled airspace.

If the missed approach segment stays below controlled airspace, it shouldn't be a problem to give a clearance to a departure when the arriving aircraft is below controlled airspace (this we do all the time where I work at least).

Nothing stops you from departing VFR and pick up an IFR clearance when ATC has room for it if the controlled airspace above is class E. Just consider that you may end up flying quite a bit before being able to get that IFR clearance then.... well, you know the drill