PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320: What "additional procedures" are you considering when reaching the STS page?
Old 30th Jan 2021, 17:16
EI-PAUL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by saviboy
Hello everyone,

Per Airbus FCTM, when reaching the STS page, the crew should consider any normal C/list, or any additional procedure as applicable.
Apart from APU start, engine relight if no damage, what other checklists could be considered?
thank you in advance.
In my mind, I built this general definition of additional procedure:
Any procedure/information - other than a QRH summary - is considered necessary to consult after the ECAM status has been completed and understood.

Even if it is necessary to have a structured and disciplined failure management:
- fly, navigate, communicate
- start ECAM / QRH procedure
- Complete the status and understand its consequences
- Consider the reset, check-lists, additional procedures ...
however, the additional procedures cannot have anything prescriptive; each of us, in fact, has different needs due to the level of experience, knowledge, and time available depending on the situation we have to deal with.

An excellent way to understand the concept is to practice some chair-flying with failures in which you must think a bit “out of the box” in regards to finding the information you need to make a decision. Here is a non-exhaustive list, as you can play finding plenty of different combinations:
Double FCU fault - double FWC fault - many of the electrical failures ...

I hope this helps a bit.

Last edited by EI-PAUL; 30th Jan 2021 at 17:26.