PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320: What "additional procedures" are you considering when reaching the STS page?
Old 30th Jan 2021, 12:43
CaptainMongo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by saviboy
The problem with that approach (FO PF and Captain manages the abnormal) is that Fo's are less proficient at managing ECAM and if/when the right DU's are inop, FO has to manage the ECAM with very limited experience.
I still think following manufacturer guidance is better in that case. Just my opinion.
Like you, at my outfit we are paid to follow our company guidance. We write our own manuals. Now one could argue why do that when the OEM’s write manuals but for some long forgotten reason (our company has been in continuous passenger carrying operation for nearly 100 years) it’s just the way we do it.

As I said in my earlier post the preferred method of handling a non normal, according to our manuals, is for the Captain to transfer aircraft and radio control to the FO. It’s the “preferred” method. I prefer it, I teach new Captains to prefer it, however in this case I preferred not to do that for the reasons I listed.