PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar salary reductions and redundancies 😬
Old 30th Jan 2021, 07:57
Aviateur86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Loyalty and dedication are the core values of any employee, values that make a Company great, well, in qatar airways being loyal and helpful can make you redundant. I guess you all know what happened to the A330 pilots, intructors and examiners (except a few LUCKY ones who managed to escape this and were promoted), all redundant, redundancy based on FLEET, not seniority. Some of them could've changed fleet some time ago but were asked to please STAY in order to help the company in the phase out, congratulations qatar airways, another dirty trick to your loyal pilots who helped until the last day.
Maybe people will forget if offered to rejoin but trust me, if other opportunities will come up, and before or later it will happen, qatar will be the last desperate choice as it was before, only the rejected ones will join that unprofessional company managed by cheap bosses (not leaders).
I've witnessed many events in my life, many aviation crisis but what I saw here is absolutely the worst, loyal guys fired with no explanations, pilots, intructors and examiners with 12 years seniority fired because they were part of whatsapp groups, people spying and reporting colleagues just to get upgraded, this is simply disgusting.
Just wait and see when the covid crisis will end, the chief wants to receive every single airplane he ordered just because emirates said something but who will fly them ? Pilots are already flying 100 hours + and at the same time totally stressed to the limit.
Smart pilots make smart choices, once you betray them, unless they're desperate, they won't come back unless you PAY WELL otherwise you get the monkeys, same as the majority we saw there (with respect of the great guys still employed).
The quality of a workplace is PARAMOUNT, loyal and dedicated employees are to be respected because they're the one who help you being profitable and are the key to productivity and customer satisfaction.