PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brexit
Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2021, 18:22
Variable Load

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi DB, I've also been through the SOLI Transfer process and plan to apply for the UK licence as soon as is possible. A agree, now that the transition period has ended, SOLI Transfer is no longer an option for UK licence holders. EASA licence holders will be able to apply for a UK licence from April, although the CAA have stated this will be much easier for those with a "UK history".

My earlier question "Has any UK TRE managed to obtain an "EASA" TRE certificate?" was badly worded. My question related to Aucky highlighting that FCL.900 (c) and 1000 (c) does provide some provision for a Third Country Instructor/Examiner (read UK licenced TRI/TRE post 31st December) to obtain an EASA TRI/TRE authorisation. I wondered if anyone had used this provision successfully. If they have, I wonder what limitations are attached. My read is that it is intended to enable flight training and checking for initial licencing purposes to take place outside of the EASA States e.g. flight schools conducting CPL training in USA, Australia, New Zealand, etc.

The situation is an unnecessary mess, as mutual alignment and recognition of licencing standards between EASA and UK is such an easy win. It just needs political will, however that will is totally lacking on both sides. To think that EASA is still pursuing FAA licence reciprocity just shows how crazy this situation is.