PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-V1
Thread: Flybe-V1
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2021, 14:42
Skipness One Foxtrot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jamie2009
Job centres have a pot of cash they can use to help people back into work by doing courses etc. They have funded some people’s Dash revaluations.
How much money are we talking? And by revaluations I guess you mean sim hours to remain current?

Originally Posted by ETOPS
Who says that is the case?
Take a look at an existing UK operator Eastern Airways. Its not obvious from their branding that the AOC is actually in the name of my old air-taxi job Air Kilroe Ltd. Thus even if former FlyBe assests are used in some way there will be a new name to splash with publicity.
In fact how about a guessing game to take up a few minutes of lockdown? Any ideas..........
OKAY this where I can see something possible, a new airline on some of the old flybe network relaunched from the ashes. But to be super clear :
1) Don't call it flybe - the branding is tainted with actual bankruptcy (bad) and unreliability (much worse) . Yes it is, let's not deny it. Call it something else.
2) One of the problems with the now bankrupt flybe was operating old Q400s in a market that was better suited capacity wise to an ATR or a jet for speed. Flying even older Q400s doesn't address this. They're looking to make the same mistake again. Actually in that case they should call it flybe