PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA & BACX terms and conditions
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2003, 08:12
Tandemrotor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carnage Matey :

I think you will find there are almost exactly 60 'mainline secondees' flying the RJ100 with BACX. (Albeit only 21 vacancies for people 'bidding in', the other 39 people effectively remaining in a job they had previously occupied in one form or another!)

bat.man :

By my calculations, that still leaves approximately 100 jobs that were 'gifted' to BACX, along with 16 aircraft, 2 bases, and a very extensive route network, by a very generous parent company!

My, my, what kind of a predicament would BACX be in if they hadn't been thown the 'expansion' lifeline??

But are they grateful??

'round midnight :

If you think it was BA pilots, or BA BALPA who objected to you becoming mainline pilots, and those RJ jobs remaining mainline jobs, I think you are wrong!

You should be looking elsewhere for people to blame.

Even now, BA pilots want mainline T & Cs for BACX pilots, in return for access to the regions.

Incidentally, if you really want to make your post educational, and not controversial, try to get the most basic facts correct!

In other words, you probably already know that your assertion that BA pilots can/do/and have bid into BACX is not true.

Under the current arrangement, not one single mainline pilot can EVER bid into BACX at ANY time in the future. Once the current crop of secondees move on, those jobs are 'gifted' to BACX forever.

Unless of course BACX have a desire to operate other 100 plus seat aircraft, in which case, I hope to hear even more from BALPA!

Last edited by Tandemrotor; 10th Dec 2003 at 16:34.