PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737-500 missing in Indonesia
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2021, 07:20
ManaAdaSystem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 4runner
it wouldn’t stop the engine Captain. It would raise one to whatever thrust is needed on an aircraft with a short rudder arm. It would also make it roll quickly and unexpectedly. We were vfr when it happens to us and we simultaneously got a “wind shear” caution with audible. I’m not a simulator maverick so I probably suck, however, the double startle factor of a caution with a rolling motion made for an alarming scenario that we thankfully caught. Night in a a storm, it might be kind of hairy. Then again, you trained for it so you tell us Captain.
Exactly what did I say that triggered you in this way?
You don’t see a difference between a AT cutback at low altitude when in a WS, and this accident which happened during climb at 11000 ft?
Well done getting out of your incident, but an engine failure in climb should never lead to an accident. Both throttles are set to climb thrust and one that retards to idle is less severe. Fact!
I have trained engine failures in a lot of diffrent situations. Climb and cruise are two of them. I’m not an ace, I’m just a well trained pilot.