PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar salary reductions and redundancies 😬
Old 18th Jan 2021, 08:19
Aviateur86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Poor captain x, with your "I'm new here" profile, desperately trying to be wise without success.
Apart from the part where you say that events occur, which is correct, the rest is already answered by you with " The way events are dealt with". Who am I to judge ? Nobody. Who am I to express my opinion ? A professional pilot with a capital P and no, I don't compare myself with the average QR pilot, no thank you.
I don't judge, I observe, sometimes from behind, in the sim and on board and I can tell you that what I see is not what is meant to be, not in a Company that big. I saw Captains messing up a simple star flown with VNAV, landing with no charts in view and many other "pearls" that are absolutely not acceptable, well, those champions are still there and others are gone for no reason, if this was my company I would've chosen the others with due respect but, as you well know, having friends or being a spy offers advantages.
We all know that pilots come from different nationalities, backgrounds, training and experience, this doesn't justify poor airmanship or poor skills and if those guys speak "at least one more language more than me" as you say, they're still dangerous and please help us understand, what are they supposed to do with those extra languages ? Tell us, we are curious.
At the end of the day Qatar made amazing instructors and pilot redundant and, as far as I know, kept many below average on board.I am not talking about everyone of course, I've also seen very professional pilots there but a big part of the others are a mess to the point that I wouldn't let my family fly with them, especially in demanding situations. What saves the day, as many already pointed out, is technology, that makes those airplanes "monkey proof".
Qatar will go back to what it was, the last choice in the region
All the best Captain X