PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737-500 missing in Indonesia
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2021, 16:29
grizzled

Received 79 Likes on 14 Posts
George Glass

George,
Re your points above:
1 I have no idea why you mention conspiracy theories.
2 Pease tell me what "basic competence" has to do with your original comment saying it would be "very convenient" if the CVR was unreadable (which I asked you to clarify).
3 I certainly agree that your mitigation strategy re assuming bad things would happen is a good idea with respect to many aspects of civil aviation in Indonesia. As it is with other places I have lived and worked (most notably some parts of West Africa, and some other parts of Asia).
4 Re ATC in Indonesia: Agree completely with your comments.
5 Agree completely re Wx forecasting (and I would add Wx briefings as well).
6 Agree completely re standards at most Indonesia LCC's (meaning operational and safety standards -- and culture) being an issue. I would add airports (especially smaller regional airports into that mix).
7 The NTSC / KNKT is one of the better aviation investigative agencies in the region -- as attested by other international agencies and by the quality and thoroughness of their reports for the past few years. In that role they are certainly doing more than the regulator to address and influence the safety culture, and corruption issues, in Indonesia (baby steps).