PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737-500 missing in Indonesia
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2021, 22:19
grizzled

Received 79 Likes on 14 Posts
The simple questions I asked have still not been answered. Instead I was subject to the usual “I’ve flown in and out of many places in Indonesia”, “You don’t know this place”, and even comments about vehicle drivers in Indonesia.

Though born and brought up in “the West”, and spending most of my aviation career there, I spent much of the past 15 years living and working in Indonesia -- including working directly with the NTSC on several accident investigation files.

As with other recent posters – and long-time ppruners – I’m not optimistic regarding the ability of this site to be a “professional” forum. That objective is difficult to achieve these days and pprune is an example of sites that are trying to figure out how to accomplish that. In the meantime, I shall lurk – with interest and curiosity – but I will be more reticent to post. I thoroughly enjoy discussion and debate but I have no interest in the abrupt and confrontational tendencies of internet-based communications – rather than nuanced and respectful interactions, as one would encounter in a pub, coffee shop, or even with the person in the adjacent seat on an aircraft.