Old 13th Jan 2021, 17:06
  #10 (permalink)  
Educated Hillbilly
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: From the Hills
Posts: 858
" I would suggest you get an EASA ATPL now and from April 2021 you can apply for a UK CAA national license with a EASA license. As of now, the opposite is not possible".

The above is not correct on the current agreements.

From the UK CAA Website

The CAA is currently developing a process to enable pilots to apply for the issue of a UK Part-FCL licence based on the licence they hold with an EASA member state. This will be available to pilots that previously held an EASA licence and transferred it out, and to pilots that hold a licence issued by an EASA member state prior to 31 December 2020. This will be available from 1 April 2021.

EASA licences issued after the 31/12/2020 are not covered in the existing agreements. So if the poster now gains an EASA license it is not currently eligible for UK FCL issue.
There may well be agreements later on but they don't exist at the moment.

Like wise the 2 year validation is only available to EASA license holders holding a valid licesnse as of the 31/12/2020, they are not applicable to new issue EASA licenses.

Copied from the validation form.
This validation applies to any licence issued prior to 1 January 2021 including any rating included within that licence that remains valid until 31 December 2022 (the licence subject to this validation must have an issue date prior to 1 January 2021, as stated in Section II of the EASA Part-FCL licence (EASA Form 141).
portsharbourflyer is offline