PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-V1
Thread: Flybe-V1
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2021, 14:53
AirportPlanner1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Was EDI-LCY a basket case? That’s the one I took a few times and always seemed to do well for loads and as an outsider I’d have said fares weren’t too low either. I’ve seen it said a lot that BHD-LCY was a real winner.

The logic and strategy of the LCY network at the start seemed sound but clearly some routes didn’t work at all - some a surprise, some less so - and some were trimmed.

But the whole London strategy quickly became muddled and the LCY network itself represented a u-turn. They had quit the London market having sold the LGW slots and were focusing on the regions. Fine. But then they ended up being pressured/paid(?) to keep the NQY-LGW route. And then largely reinstating the old LGW network into LCY. And then added a couple of routes into STN which didn’t last long including a bizarrely timed double-daily to NCL where both flight were off-peak. And they had the Stobart franchise operation in their name at SEN, plus a short-lived DUB route that was operated directly outside the franchise. And Loganair into STN which was also a franchise.

So from a long-standing LGW operation they quickly went to dribs and drabs at multiple airports.