PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Radio Procedures at/near Ballina - CASA
Old 10th Jan 2021, 06:51
Pinky the pilot
Man Bilong Balus long PNG

Location: Looking forward to returning to Japan soon but in the meantime continuing the never ending search for a bad bottle of Red!
Received 104 Likes on 59 Posts
I propose a new model, revolutionary and puts the onus on the user. Yes, user pays. In the end the user ends up paying about 8 times but hey, it fools the public into thinking that those rich pilots can afford to pay, so they should.

Construct a parallel taxiway, a bloody beauty, fully lit, not just painted centrelines but that stuff that is raised and melted into the surface. And...............TOLL IT. Force anybody that uses it to pay, I dunno, $12.41 per pop, yearly CPI increases. E-tag on the dash, if you don't pay your bill, massive Police fine. Get the Police to do your dirty work on a private taxiway, shouldn't be a problem for VicPol especially, they love that ****.

Airport owner can just gift the property for the taxiway to the operator and mumble something like 'It costs us more to maintain than to operate it ourselves.' When reminded that they don't own it, the tax/rate payer does, mumble something like 'There's significant economic benefit in operating a public/private partnership and will cost us all less in the long run.'

Leave the old half-arsed taxiway in place, you know, you should have a choice on whether you use the tollway or not. But make sure it takes twice as long to get where you're going, put some traffic lights on it, make sure there's a few potholes. Nothing like a propstrike and associated bulk strip to make you realise you should stop your meaningless protest and just use the tolled taxiway.

Job done. I just made 4.3 million dollars in consulting fees.
Sadly, Bodie1, I suspect that your rant is more or less based on factual events!
Right down to the consultancy fee bit!