PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow North Sea
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2003, 06:07
bondu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Bristow Unrest

I feel I must reply to PaperworkPilot. The only allegiance I and my colleagues have these days is to ourselves and our families.
We are long passed the time when we may have some allegiance to the company, whichever one you care to name. As for BALPA, allegiance doesn't come into it: members pay BALPA to assist them when necessary. Pilots are paid by the companies they work for; that's the only possible reason for any allegiance that may remain!
As the new Gen Sec of BALPA recently said,
"Pilots have laser-like minds - very sharp but bloody narrow!"
Look around you, only those pilots in organised groups get the best terms and conditions. To say the company wants some of the payrise back, is probably true. But other companies pay handsome salaries AND have good LoL schemes and pensions.
Bristow and CHC Scotia are contracted to the some of the world's richest companies, turning in enormous profits annually. These oil companies are 'captive clients', what alternatives do they have? The fixed wing airlines have to sell their wares to a public, who have a choice. But they can still deliver good salaries, LoL schemes and pensions better than Bristow's!