PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar salary reductions and redundancies 😬
Old 30th Dec 2020, 09:44
Aviateur86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roughly 10 years ago Qatar Airways was the worst airline in the middle east, worst conditions, worst pilots (mainly pilots rejected from Ek, Ey and other serious Airlines because of their higher standards for recruitment), basically was the last choice for real professional pilots, then, thanks to the improved T&C more pilots with higher standards joined (unlike the cheap ones that they prefer, some even with shady captain upgrades ) and it seemed that qr was going in the right direction until summer 2020, where they made redundant most of the quality guys they had, a huge mistake that brings the company back to level zero where it belongs. I don't know if this bad choice was made by AB or by those "below average" pilots that seat in the management offices, in any case it was a huge and unnecessary error that will have serious consequences. Be prepared to enjoy that amazing level 6 english in the skies that only qatar can offer and wait for the tons of reports from the FAA when they'll try to send their 'Chuck Yeager' pilots to US during winter.
When I think about the inexperienced and pathetic guys sitting in the Airbus and Boeing fleet offices, I get goose bumps, who on earth would select such pilots for a delicate position like that ? AB are you alive ? Wake up, you're going in the wrong direction.
Emirates in the mean time is recalling some pilots back, that's a good sign.