PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Quarantine for domestic crew?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2020, 21:48
MakeItHappenCaptain

Location: Hollister, Hilo, Pago Pago, Norfolk Is., Brisbane, depending which day of the week it is...
Received 31 Likes on 9 Posts
"a member of the crew of an airliner or a medevac or air ambulance crew, including an off-shift crew member who is travelling as a passenger on an aircraft to reposition at another location, where the airliner, medevac or air ambulance or other aircraft has originated in a place outside of Australia."
This is the current definition of “International Aircrew” in WA at the moment.

In the last four months alone, I have flown almost 600 hours of international ferries through 16 countries. I have tested negative to COVID at least every 4 days and have submitted COVID procedure manuals that are equivalent to airline level operations to the WA government.
I have previously entered Australia via Broome 4 times during this period, and confirmed with WA health that I had a valid permit to enter WA in light of the Sydney events.
AFTER landing on Sunday, I was informed my status had changed, I was NOT an international crewmember and instead of isolating and departing to QLD as I had done every other time, I was to fly the aircraft to Perth and enter 14 days of mandatory quarantine. I was not permitted to fly on a domestic airline and if the owner of the aircraft refused to allow his aircraft to fly the additional distance, I would be placed on a private jet charter and charged for the privilege.

Merry fcuking Christmas, everyone.

ps. Tested negative twice last week and also again negative in Broome on Monday.