PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar salary reductions and redundancies 😬
Old 23rd Dec 2020, 10:32
alatriste

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just let me tell all of you something: If QR ever call me back most probably I will rejoin. I would like to resume my career and I bet that QR future T&C will be better than the average. Humbly I donīt think I am underqualified or desperate. (21K flight hours, wide body experience, 32 years in the business, no mortgage, some savings, no ex-wifes and grown up children)
The experience was painful for me, now unemployed, but QR is not an NGO. Exit process was not easy, HR Separation was clearly overwhelmed. Everybody left with the owe money. - my previous employer sent home all expats in April with zero compensation no matter the seniority (up to 20 years)-
I joined in 2019, company invested big money in my training and months later I had to leave the company. I was a very cheap Captain and I was fired because somehow the company respect the seniority -as it should be- all guys with less than a year were sent home.
It is crystal clear for me that nowadays we are pilots flying for XXXX airline NOT XXXX pilots anymore. We better change our minds.
Those that disagree, please skip to criticize my English. It is quite normal to be a competent pilot without a level 6 while you can find native English speakers that do not perform that well.