PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Impulse Pilots - What A Deal!
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2003, 16:46
Gnadenburg

Received 93 Likes on 41 Posts
It's Their Party-

A few more facts coming to light.

DE Commands will number around 30.

Initial Cadre of pilots trained on 320 for Jetstar will be present senior check & training, DE's & Unemployed Impulse 1900 pilots.

Ex Ansett A320 management pilots will not be required. Despite individual lobbying by the latter group.

The IPG will get it's expertise from elsewhere- internally ( 89ers have flown Airbus ), EK, CX? Bit early for CASA CCQ approval I would have thought.

Ex- Ansett pilots not required despite Dixon's indications that ex-AN employees to be heavily utilised. The politics has begun! Is it 89 or the threat & insecurity experience brings? Seniority should counter this but I always envisioned the Impulse Empire.

There is an indication from my "friend" that there is an aversion to recruit F/O's. Haven't understood this as the DE Commands takes the group to just below 160- a shortfall considering 23 A320s.

Where will the pilot shortfall be met?

I think the above reinforces the magnitude of the victory in terms of seniority. For a senior Impulse Capt has won security, an Impulse F/O has won a command and 40% payrise and the displaced 1900 pilots have won a career in an airline.

I still see a requirment for 40 F/O's. Min requirments and nepotism/cronyism may meet this demand but I was hoping for pilots to be taken out of the Airbus market abroad.

This every so slightly worsening the crewing situation at Airbus operators who advantaged post-Sept 11. This in turn improving, due supply & demand, the Airbus market abroad where 10% or so Impulse drivers will probably end up.