PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aviation Career Center ACC
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2020, 15:38
Deckbacon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aviation Career Center ACC

Just thought I'd open up a thread regarding an ATO in Slovenia so we can post our thoughts about it.
They don't leave many places to talk freely about the school so I thought I'd leave some space here to share.

In my experience I wouldn't recommend the school.
The lectures were generally poor quality, and seemed nothing more than a simple box tick exercise.
Aircraft were poorly maintained, with students dealing with broken flaps, stab trim runways, cracked engine cylinders, engine failures, electrical fires etc
Insurance wasn't great on the aircraft, prop strikes on new aircraft are covered by the student, same for bird strikes and the like.
Management always gave the impression of doing favours when something worked better for them. They will happily charge you more to extend your contract during Covid, saying it's a favour to you. They try to screw you on the contract, and a hassle to keep to the contract. Typically there isn't an attitude that you are a paying customer.
The chief pilot is a pain. Requiring checks that aren't necessary, banning flights to grass airfields or even flying with friends. He simply does not understand EASA rules regarding the carriage of passengers. He will require you to be "checked" before flying to a different country. He will question everything you do, from how high you fly, to where you fly. It's an avoid from me