PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Quarantine for domestic crew?
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2020, 10:50
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Beer Baron
Again, NO. You miss the point entirely.
  • 1 crew member lives in a country riddled with COVID. Every day they are being exposed to possible sources of infection; at the supermarket, at a cafe, at the shops, etc. They feel fine, have no reason to be tested so they hop on a flight to Australia.
  • An Australian crew member lives in a country where a week ago we had virtually eliminated COVID. They have almost no possible way to catch it when not at work. They then fly off to a hotel room overseas and interact with a only a handful of people whilst always wearing a mask. They now fly home to quarantine at home.

Clearly the ‘risk profile’ is very different between the two.
Agreed. There is also the fact that I sanitise my hands immediately after interacting with any one at all. Hand my passport to someone? Have sani wipe ready to wipe it down when I get it back from them and then sanitise my hands. Get a room key? Have a sani wipe ready to wipe it down and then sanitise my hands. Anyone who thinks the risk profile of a US pilot coming to Australia is the same as an Aussie pilot going to HKG, NRT (or even the USA) and then home undertaking home isolation has little idea as to how crew are managing this when away from home.