PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TBM 700 accidents
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2003, 08:10
down&out

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to agree with Keef, WCollins, Bookworm & others here. Normally I keep quiet during the accident discussion threads as I don't normally have anything to add. However I do read them, and the AAIB reports, as I know I will always have plenty to learn to keep my flying as safe as possible.

I think it IS right that we, as aviators, should learn from each other and as quickly as possible. In fact, our "industry/ hobby/ sport etc" is often looked upon with respect in the way that accidents are fairly investigated by the AAIB with the aim of finding cause (and not blame) so others may learn - I know the medical profession would like to be able to emulate it...

So back to the point, if the discussion enables fellow pilots to be aware of potential issues more quickly (without undue speculation or mud slinging) and maybe prevent further incidents then great. Personally I think condolences can also be valuable, we are all human, share a love for what we done and think "there for the grace of God...". Some people prefer doing one more than the other so BRL has done us a good service by separating the threads and this thread has done well to remain pretty much focused on discussing known facts.