PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Muted
Thread: Muted
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2020, 10:08
ClassCbird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don, My body is my experience thank you very much! And my body is MY right, nobody else's.

The example of blood cancer is a poor comparison. That is testing the safety of a drug to use on somebody who already has a high fatality disease! Weighing up risk vs. reward in that scenario is much simpler! When talking about vaccines we are talking preventative medicine. i.e. we are worried about the risks the vaccine poses to somebody that is otherwise perfectly healthy. All vaccines come with risk, not all people are at significant risk of Covid19. Deciding how acceptable that risk is depends on the risk of the catching the disease multiplied by the risk of developing serious illness! (Just read up on yellow fever vaccine risks if you don't already know).

The point is not to say any of these vaccines pose a high risk, but I do not believe everybody should have them. Making them available to those most at risk of catching SarsCov2 and to those most at risk of developing serious Covid19 symptoms is appropriate. However not at the cost of personal choice. There is no need to mandate these vaccines, especially if they are so effective and safe! Surely enough people will be queueing up for them?

However rare possible serious side effects prove to be with these vaccines, is it worth risking your medical license? This should be a personal choice!

Sorry Dropp for hijacking your thread...