PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unusual attitudes
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2020, 12:05
jmmoric

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Comming from a glider, I nearly threw the instructor through the ceiling the first time I was trying the stall recovery.... Or I would if he wasn't wearing a seat belt.

Back to topic:

Originally Posted by Negan
Don't forget in a stall the wing is not generating enough lift and by adding power too early it can induce a spin from the propellor vertices.

Priority in a stall is to get that nose down!
If you are flying with your hands off the throttle, the easiest is to push your nose until you can push the throttle.... If you have your hands on the throttle, do both simultaniously..... I really don't see a need to do one BEFORE the other.

I've never heard of a spin from vortices though, but it could be a problem in more powerfull aircraft than I'm used to.... Not sure if you'll spin though.... flip maybe?

There is one thing though, by increasing the throtthe, irrespective of pitch, you will automatically reduce the pitch from the increase in speed (unless you're pointing the nose very high), though the trimming will push you back again if trimmed to a low speed, so even the power first will present some result.

But generally, I've never found a stall something I have to "work on", just add power while pushing slightly brings you out of it pretty easily.

Last edited by jmmoric; 8th Dec 2020 at 12:27. Reason: Spin corrected to stall (see next post)