PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Djibouti B737 has a serious prang
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2020, 12:23
Checkboard

Received 122 Likes on 59 Posts
Yep.

So I was flying, BAe 146 and 737-300 aircraft services to places like Kununurra (YPKU), Gove (YPGV), Ayers Rock (YAYE) and so on, without any fire support.

Quite simply (and sensibly in my opinion) the government looked at aviation statistics and said - the money it costs isn't worth it.

What is the difference in risk to operating domestic or international ? You might, for example, abbandon take-off, burst tyres, catch fire but only in Oz would there be no risk as the flight was "domestic".
No difference in risk per movement - international airports have higher movement rates and so a higher risk of actually using the fire service, but mostly because international carriers require the service to use the airport as an ICAO standard. Domestic services can be regualted under Australian law.

Sorry Checkers, I don't believe it.
The disestablishment of ARFFS may be considered when the number of annual passengers on air transport falls below 300,000 and remains below this level for a 12-month period. The ARFFS provider shall provide CASA with a Safety Case which should justify the closure of the ARFFS.
https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2008C00128

Last edited by Checkboard; 7th Dec 2020 at 12:47.