PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 Flaps / Slats locked (yes again !)
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2020, 05:08
vilas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pineteam
Hello guys,

Could someone please tell me why on this table for the go around procedure in case of slats or flaps jammed on the right Colum there is a note saying '' Not allowed" only in case of F>3 and S=0 or S= 0<S<1 ? I'm pretty sure I learned that during my initial training but I can't figure it out anymore... That table is so not intuitive...
Edit: Plus also I don't really see the point of that table. For a go around, I can just rely on the VMAX displayed on the PFD right? It can only be more conservative. I understand if you intend to divert then its useful...

Thank you.
It's true the procedure is a bit confusing. First the easier part to answer, for Max speed you cannot rely on displayed Vmax, actually VFE is displayed, because it comes from lever position while the limitation is due to most extended surface. Since you're always landing in Conf3 the displayed VFE will be 185kts which is not always the case. That is why the table gives you different Vmax for different combinations. For slat 0 and slat equal or less than 1 it says flap>3 not allowed because you cannot be selecting flap full with slat stuck at 1 or less.