PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Impulse Pilots - What A Deal!
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2003, 16:30
Gnadenburg

Received 93 Likes on 41 Posts
Well then, I sure hope you enjoy your present job Eric as your expertise not needed at home! Or anywhere else by your own appraisal of things.

You have to be kidding. Airbus has a disproportionate history of CFIT attributed to mode confusion.

A technological evolution yes- look at the CPIP with Air Inter crash in Strasbourg- FPA adjusted to prevent "confusion".

Gulf Air crash in Bahrain-CPIP with Flight Directors ON with TOGA to prevent disorientation ( due PFD presentation and illusion ).

Air India in Bangalore- CPIP Flight Directors and speed mode etc.

More recently, an A330 with Phillipine Airlines came close to being another Airbus CFIT statistic in Agana, Guam.

You missed my point- it is easy to pole but can be difficult to MANAGE-explaining CFIT.

Some of your posts indicate that Airbus uses technology to eclipse experience. Be careful. This may erode your conditions and limit the opportunity to come home.

If your right, Impulse won't need any experienced Airbus pilots at all. Technology replaces experience in terms of seniority 130 onward.

I think your wrong, belittling the profession and ignoring the safety issues of introducing very different technology.