PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Future of integrated ATPL courses
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2020, 11:03
Wirbelsturm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Odd? Most of my colleagues and compatriots have taken pay reductions to cover the devastation that COVID has caused with agreement that these reductions will diminish as the industry recovers. You obviously know something I don't.

As to training facilities reducing costs I'm afraid that won't be on the radar so to speak. They would claim that an investment of £100,000 for 18 months training for a return of 40+ years of employment even at £50,000 per annum is a good and worthwhile return. Add to that that whilst the ab-intio wages might well be suppressed for a period of time the cost of running a flying training organisation, aircraft, airfield, instructors, fuel, maintenance, training facilities etc. etc. etc. has not. I would be interested to see where you could 'step into' an ab-initio job after an ATPL course without MPL and type rating (not included in your £100,000 generally) earning £100,000 off the bat.

Some training organisations advertise on the razor thin edge of reality sometimes with promises that are dubious to put it politely however they still offer a service at a cost that they deem is fair irrespective of the earnings potential at the end.

It's your choice.

Last edited by Wirbelsturm; 2nd Dec 2020 at 08:51.