PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Displaced Local Crew
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2020, 11:00
Zymian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=bacou;10926179]What would the dishonest agenda.be?

pilots loose their jobs for underperforming on sim checks, line training or line checks, redundancy for financial reasons is a different story.
If you claim that the airline can pick who they want then you might get lucky or not, you'll see on the next round.
However I am pretty sure that no more locals will be going this time, publicity is not good.

I don't think there is any tactics being used and I reckon that LEGCO has way more important matters at hands these days than 400 PR redundant pilots and couple thousand of local CC who lost their jobs.
Just a fact, HKE and CX were still hiring 6 months ago when it was already obvious that something was wrong.

I have nothing against pilots who joined, they didn't steal my job but swire moved my job to a subsidiary company using these pilots and that's the way it is..[/QUOTE

Watching people like you going on and on with this sense of entitlement is amusing,

Dishonest because it’s a narrative based on your interpretation / assumption of how the policy on work permits will be implemented.
A narrative that remains unproven.

You can go on believing it if you want. I’m pretty sure if and when the next round of redundancies occur, it will be across the board. Expats and locals.