PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Displaced Local Crew
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2020, 07:40
SW1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bacou
There is nothing personnal and it's not pilots against pilots.
With one sided contracts removing seniority and managers having no respect for employees the only thing protecting a career these day is the law .
Not for us to debate fairness of the law or what differentiate a migrant worker with a Work Visa (which I was the first 7 years in Hong Kong) to a Permanent Resident.

Let's say Swire decides that HKE will do longhaul
transfers 20 350s to Express and sacks 200 pilots at CX.while in the same time HKE recruits to operate these 350s
If there was external recruitment resulting in hiring someone outside the country and applying for an initial work visa when you had type rated 350 pilots already in house I would agree. what are you going to do in your hypothetical scenario if those HKE pilots are also PR. Will you claim you've been here longer? your passports better than theres?

I dont agree with using these tactics( even though it might be within the confines of the law) to use your privilege to take someone's else's job from another airline.

I'm sorry but your grievance lies with the swire group. nobody else screwed you over other than them with the government looking on.

For visa renewals nowhere does it state you have to make a sworn affidavit that there is no local talent to perform the job. For an initial yes there is but not for subsequent renewal. They just want to know your salary and time in the company and your position. Please feel free to check. Nobody's making false statements to anyone.

I feel you're trying change the law to suit your current predicament.

Last edited by SW1; 14th Nov 2020 at 07:55.