PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots point finger for lack of support at Qantas and Virgin
Old 13th Nov 2020, 21:05
C441

Received 115 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by aussieflyboy
Honestly if your still sitting on your bum at home everyday bludging off the government you deserve what’s coming.
Go get a job...
Many on here have a job; they're just not working.
The Government aren't paying us either. In my case Qantas is and they are receiving exactly my 'allowance' (and that's what Jobkeeper is) to cover their cost and a bit to support the airline and industry. That's the case for many other industries too. Additionally, I have been working/volunteering and earning a small amount that really only covers my costs. Are you suggesting that despite an entire year's Jobkeeper coming nowhere near the amount of tax I paid even in the FY leading up to Covid and despite receiving no Government assistance since 1979 to further my career, that I am unworthy of Government assistance?

There's a huge difference between the "don't need to work, I have Jobkeeper" cohort and the "I want my job back asap, but am thankful for this Government support" cohort. I would suggest it's the former that your quote more accurately should be directed towards.