PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ME IR Renewal inquiry?
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2020, 19:28
flyingwael330

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ME IR Renewal inquiry?

Good day fellow aviators

My apologies if this question has been asked many times before but i am looking for a more current answer since many rules are changing regularly nowadays ,

I hold a Greek EASA CPL with a MEP MEIR expired in September 2019 , due to some personal reasons i had to let it expire ,and i was planning to renew my IR in the past summer but like everyone else my plan was interrupted by this pandemic .
I know that i have to go through an ATO now and since now the chances of finding a low hour pilot job is slim and my lack of free time cause of my other job , and the inability to travel to the EU for renewals today i was thinking of renewing the IR as late as practical .

Can someone experienced in this field please tell me till when i can leave the IR expired without having to go through all the initial IR training again , and how many training sessions are required nowadays by EASA (HCAA) based on time lapsed since expiry ? IS there any exemption during this pandemic for renewals of IR ?

Another question is If in a rare case an airline hired me ( EASA now does not require a valid IR to start a Type Rating ) , can I have a Multi pilot IR without having to renew my old single pilot IR ?

Stay safe everyone and hopefully this Pandemic ends soon for humanity and the aviation industry in specific .