PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Displaced Local Crew
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2020, 12:43
LLLQNH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As far as I am aware when you get your PR status your employment doesn't come into it. When I attained my PR a few years ago they weren't interested in my job but guess as my employment visa was valid that was covered, they just wanted proof I had lived in Hong Kong continuously for 7 years, had no outstanding Hong Kong tax liability and had to make a declaration that I had taken Hong Kong as my permanent home!

Interestingly enough you can obtain a permanent Hong Kong work visa not limited to a particular company after 7 years in Hong Kong if you aren't able to make a declaration that you have taken Hong Kong as your permanent home! (Your a commuter or something) only restriction is you must be present in Hong Kong once a year! It's called unconditional stay and you get a new ID card and stamp in your passport similar to PR, just a little more restrictive as PR for a non Chinese National expires if you are gone from Hong Kong for 3 years or more where as Unconditional stay status expires after 1.