PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Super dull logbook question
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2020, 16:44
Patrob1237

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ShyTorque
Having served in the RAF for the best part of two decades and subsequently continued to fly for a living as a civvie for over twenty five years (and still at it), I'm nearly at the end of my fifth log book.
I was a military helicopter sim instructor for about two years in total and I never logged any instructional time, only my own sim "flying" currency hours (still miss those Norway dets, though). Nor was I told to log them.
Bearing in mind that once you leave the RAF you are given your logbook/s to take away.... I soon realised that once you're a civvie and meet the minimum hours required for licence renewal once that time comes, it doesn't really matter..... no-one wants to look at them.
Just went through my Log Books and confirmed that, like Beagle, Flt Sim time was recorded in Sect 7, although on the Nimrod Fleet we didn’t amend the column headings and just split the times between 1st and 2nd Pilot. However, I also came across a copy of the IFS sponsored Please Action Here Calendar for 1988/89, which was a tribute to the Lightning Farewell. Posing the question: “Are You Properly Prepared” is a young Lady with her right foot hitched up to the bottom rung of the aircraft ladder, wearing black stilettoes, g-pants, black knickers and an LSJ, and nothing else. An earlier version (undated) with the strapline ”Don’t Forget the Brief” features a leggy blond in fishnet tights standing at the door of an HS 125. “Don’t keep it under your Hat” in 1992 was much more subdued and probably indicative of the first shoots of Political Correctness. Cannot for the life of me think why I kept them?