PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Displaced Local Crew
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2020, 00:19
mngmt mole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I joined CX in 1988. Shortly thereafter they implemented the SO cadet program. Over 32 years, I have had the pleasure to fly with some of the best local pilots HK could have ever asked for. The difference from then to now is this: Back in 1988, CX hired the very best candidates. They genuinely wished to be involved in aviation, and CX. The early SO cadre have proven to be amongst the best pilots in CX. I would happily fly my family with nearly all of them as the Captain. However, over the past 15 years or so, the standards have dropped. Although many of the local pilots trained and hired in that period are very good, there is certainly evidence that a portion of them should never be let near an aircraft (and to be fair...quite a few of the expats fall in that category as well). The simple fact is that the company has dumbed down their standards year on year. That is the simple fact of the matter. My main point is that the early local pilots are deserving of our respect and courtesy. They have earned their place.