PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Super dull logbook question
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2020, 03:33
Bob Viking

Received 553 Likes on 151 Posts
Super dull logbook question

Please do not read any further if you will be troubled by a ludicrously boring question about logbooks.

Anyway, here it is.

I have recently started my third logbook and this is the first time I have ever had to log the live and synthetic flying hours together at the top of the page.

As I am sure many of you have found, the older style logbook only recorded total time in a simulator and no other details. I also have never recorded those times I have sat on the console instructing (I’d rather forget those moments anyway!).

Since I am not currently co-located with anyone who will be able to answer my question I thought I’d throw it out on here.

I could just make up some simulated dual/Captain/IF times etc but has anyone found a decent way to make it work? Should I ignore everything up until now and start counting from here on?

Anyway, I told you it was dull but for the first time in 21 years I am determined that my latest logbook will not be a mess of tippex and smudges and I want it to look neat. I think I should at least try to have some sensible numbers in the synthetic row even if it is unlikely that I, or anyone else, are ever likely to care if it is accurate.

BV